Schloss Bach is the remaining mansion of a larger 15th century Renaissance castle ensemble built by Italian architects.
Notable inside decorations are coffered ceilings with wood engravings and a mural painting with musicians and gagliarda dancers, early 16th century both. Located very quiet at a small lake in the Carinthian sub-alpine lakes region it offers many options for water- and mountain sport, and cultural activities as well (e.g. Carinthian Summer Music Festival). Since 2007, also the Carinthian Dialogues (carinthische-dialoge.at) – a sociopolitical symposium with prominent speakers and discutants – is organized at Bach every year at a summer weekend.
Fairly abandoned due to changing ownership over the last century, the present owners – descendants of the owners before 1700 – restored it and adapted a farm-building into comfortable guest house.