Le Dimore del Quartetto

PARROQUIA DE SANTA CRISTINA Y MARGARITA, MADRID

Categories , ,

The church of Santa Cristina, located near Puerta del Ángel, was built between 1904 and 1906 in neo-Mudejar style. It was founded by Queen-Governor María Cristina de Habsburg, second wife of Alfonso XII, to serve as a maternal home.

Initially dependent on the parish of La Almudena (in the crypt of the cathedral), it obtained its parish status in the 1950s,, after restoration following the destruction of the church, which was used as a prison during the civil war.

In 2019, it merged with the neighbouring parish of Santa Margarita María de Alacoque.